Almost everyone has a case for their iPhone these days, but a case doesn’t always cut it—especially if you live an active lifestyle. That’s why so many more people are grabbing an iPhone 6 pouch instead of (or in addition to) a regular case. A pouch is a durable wallet-like accessory that keeps your phone safe inside, but also flips open for instant access.
There are many advantages to using an iPhone 6 pouch. Five of the biggest include:
1. Better protection for your phone. Are you terrified of cracking your phone screen? An iPhone case offers little protection to the glass screen, easily one of your phone’s most fragile components. A pouch however completely enfolds the phone in soft, padded, protective material so that it has more protection than any phone case can offer—including total screen coverage. This allows you to toss your phone in a briefcase, bag or toolkit as well as wear it on a belt while working outside, without fear of smashing it.
2. Easier access. Without a pouch, the easiest place to keep your phone is in your pocket—but good luck getting it out in a hurry, especially when sitting down. Pouches make it easier to get your phone out of your pocket and store it somewhere it’s truly available whenever you need it. Most pouches come with a secure built-in belt clip, so your phone is right there at your fingertips with no digging needed.
3. Frees up your pockets. The other advantage of the belt clip is freeing up your pocket space. Phones are pocket hogs, and cramming them in there can be very uncomfortable. With a pouch, you can reserve your pockets just for your wallet and keys or you can keep them blissfully empty.
4. Water resistant. After a cracked screen, the second greatest weakness of the iPhone 6 is its vulnerability to water. The only way to truly waterproof an iPhone is with an expensive waterproof case, but they are bulky and limit the touchscreen’s utility. A good phone pouch is a nice compromise, offering water resistance on the outside with no loss in usability.
5. Combined phone case and wallet. Many phone pouches include card slots and money holders inside, making them both a wallet and phone case in one.
These are just a few of the reasons why iPhone pouches have become a growing fad. Have you tried a phone pouch yet?